Assistant Professor & Canada Research Chair in Ocean Engineering
Sexton Campus; Room C-351
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- BASc, Materials Science and Engineering (Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran)
- MASc, Materials Science and Engineering (Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran)
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering (University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada)
- Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing
- Welding and Joining
- Multi-scale Materials Characterization
- Mechanical Properties
Dr. Nasiri’s primary research interests include five interrelated themes: 1) metal additive manufacturing (AM) technologies: understanding the process-microstructure-properties-performance correlations; 2) corrosion and electrochemical stability of AM products; 3) surface quality modification of AM components for improved properties; 4) dissimilar metals and hybrid structures fabrication; and 5) wire arc additive manufacturing (WAAM) technology advancement. Focusing on the latter, his current research activities are mainly directed towards advancing the state-of-the-art WAAM technology to fabricate large-scale components with tailored properties at drastically reduced production time and cost.
- M. Rafieazad*, M. Mohammadi, A. Gerlich, A. Nasiri, Enhancing the Corrosion Properties of Additively Manufactured AlSi10Mg Using Friction Stir Processing, Corrosion Science, 2020, 109073, In Press.
- A. Shahriari*, L. Khaksar*, A. Nasiri, A. Hadadzadeh*, B.S. Amirkhiz, M. Mohammadi, Microstructure and corrosion behavior of a novel additively manufactured maraging stainless steel, Electrochimica Acta, 2020, 339, 135925.
- A. Vahedi*, M. Ghaffari*, A. Nasiri, Comparison of microstructural characteristics and mechanical properties of shipbuilding steel plates fabricated by conventional rolling versus wire arc additive manufacturing, Additive Manufacturing, 2020, Volume 32, 101086.
- P. Fathi*, M. Rafieazad*, X. Duan, M. Mohammadi, A. Nasiri, On Microstructure and Corrosion Behaviour of AlSi10Mg Alloy with Low Surface Roughness Fabricated by Direct Metal Laser Sintering, Corrosion Science, 2019, 157 (15), 126-145.
- M. Rafieazad*, M. Mohammadi, A. Nasiri, On Microstructure and Early Stage Corrosion Performance of Heat Treated Direct Metal Laser Sintered AlSi10Mg, Additive Manufacturing, 2019, 28, 107-119.
Selected awards and honours:
- 2016, 2014, and 2012 American Welding Society (AWS) Robert L. Peaslee Memorial Award for the best contribution to the science & technology of brazing published in the Welding Journal.
- 2010-2013: Glenn J. Gibson AWS Graduate Fellowship Award.