Brightspace, Dalhousie's learning management system (LMS), is the foundational online teaching application that offers a suite of functions to support teaching and learning. In general, it is the main platform for offering online or blended courses but can support your face-to-face teaching by being a place where students can access content, such as your syllabus, quizzes, or grades.
- Make class-wide announcements
- Host content such as readings, audio, video, links, etc.
- Engage students in interactive discussions
- Collect and provide feedback on student work
- Post student grades
Resources and support beyond Dalhousie
Training for Brightspace
Academic Technology Services (ATS) offers on-demand training for Brightspace, on topics such as:
- Brightspace Basics
- Groups and Class Progress