#SharetheRoadNS in the Community
Since the foundation of Thumbs Up! Share the Road Nova Scotia in early 2012, our team has been busy spreading our message and engaging communities across the province.
To stay up-to date on our community events, follow us on our various social media platforms, or contact us.
- Halifax Cycling Coalition Bike-in Movie (2017)
- Heartland Tour – Halifax (2015 – 2017)
- Dalhousie Environmental Health & Safety Expo (2016)
- Halifax Cycling Coalition Bike Expo (2016)
- Switch Open Street Sundays – Dartmouth (2013 & 2016)
- Plan Out Loud (2016)
- Share the Road NS Open House (2016)
- Growing Green Festival Street Fair – Bridgewater (2015 & 2016)
- Switch Open Street Sundays – Halifax (2013 – 2015)
- Crosswalk Safety Information Café (2015)
- Nova Scotia Bike Summit (2014)
- DalTRAC Inauguration (2014)
- Dalhousie Cycling Forum (2014)
- MEC Bikefest (2013 & 2014)
- Annual Father’s Day Ride – Chester (2013)
- Heartland Tour – Pictou (2013)
- SuperNOVA Camp (2013)
- 7 consultation sessions across the province (2012 – 2013)
Share the Road Nova Scotia was derived entirely through community consultation.
A total of seven consultation sessions were held to develop this initiative, including a stakeholders focus group, and five community workshops in Chester, Hubbards, Pictou, New Glasgow, HRM and Annapolis County. The consultations include educational and idea generation components. After a presentation on Nova Scotia collision studies and best practices in Share the Road campaigns from around the world, participants were asked to tell us about their community by mapping out local road safety concerns. Finally, the second half of the workshop was all about idea generation! Participants were asked to create slogans, posters, and brainstorm ideas for how a Share the Road campaign can work best in their community. Lastly, we wanted to know how we were doing, and how we could improve so we asked participants to fill out a survey on how they felt about the session!
To read more on each community workshop, check out our DalTRAC Reports page.