Hotel and Travel
The Healthy Living, Healthy Life Conference is pleased to announce local hotels available for the conference. For more hotel listings, visit the Destination Halifax website.
Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
To book your reservation please contact the Reservations Department by phone at 902.423.5130 or toll free 1.800.565.2020. Quote the group ID 40392 or the above meeting name to receive your special rate!
*Please note that we are not holding any rooms. The below rate is subject to the availability of Classic & Petite Accommodations.
Rooms will be available at the discounted rate until Wednesday August 22, 2018. After this time, reservations will be accepted based on availability at the regular selling rate. Please contact the hotel directly to make your reservation.
Classic or Petite Guest Room $189.00 + applicable taxes.
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Relax in spacious luxury at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel. All accommodations feature in-room fridges; some boast views of Halifax Harbour or the hotel pool.
Make your reservations online at rates specifically negotiated for your company:
If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future.
Driving to Halifax
Whether driving from New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, the rest of Canada or the United States, you will arrive into Halifax via the Trans-Canada Highway. The Halifax Convention Centre (Nova Centre) is located at 1650 Argyle St. Directions can also be found via Google maps.
It’s important to know that if you are traveling from outside Nova Scotia into our province via the Trans-Canada Highway, drivers will need to pay a $4 free at the Cobequid Pass.
If you are traveling to downtown Halifax from within Nova Scotia, there are no road tolls except if you choose to cross the Halifax Harbour via the bridge ($1).
From the airport
Halifax has one international airport, the award-winning Halifax Stanfield located just 30 minutes from the downtown core.
The best ways to get to and from the Halifax Stanfield Airport:
- MetroX bus (public transportation) service is $3.50 (exact change required) one way. The bus will pick visitors up at the Halifax Stanfield airport and has 3 drop off and pick up locations: Fall River, Downtown Dartmouth and Downtown Halifax.
- The Halifax Airport Shuttle service is $22 one way and $40 return (accepts Visa and MasterCard only). View the shuttle schedule and dropoff locations. Valid ID is required when boarding the Airport Express.
- Car rentals are available at the Halifax Stanfield airport and are conveniently located in the Lower Level of the Airport Parkade. Rental companies available include Alamo/National, Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise and Hertz.
- Many taxis and limos are available on site: Yellow Cab, Casino Taxi, Driver Dave’s, Woods Limo and World Class. Rates will depend, but to travel from the airport to downtown Halifax you can expect roughly $45-$55 (most taxi companies takes credit, debit and cash).
- View other special needs and accessible transportation information
- For general information call the Ground Transportation Inspector at 1-902-873-1410.
Things to do during your stay
So much to "sea" and do. We encourage you to explore Halifax and our province while you’re here. Check out summer events in Halifax, shopping, restaurants, nightlife and more on the Destination Halifax website.