To celebrate Dalhousie’s 200th anniversary, the Faculty of Health is hosting an exciting, collaborative health conference this fall, bringing together the latest in research and community health innovations.
When and where?
Healthy Living, Healthy Life takes place at the Halifax Convention Centre from September 19-21, 2018. It will be followed by an inspiring community workout by international fitness expert and motivational speaker Shaun T on September 22, 2018. All profits from these events will be directed towards Dal Health’s new PhD in Health Scholarship.
Who should attend?
This conference is a one-of-a kind opportunity for those involved with the mental and physical health and wellness aspects of their organizations.
This event is open to:
- researchers and educators
- policy and decision makers
- health professionals and clinicians
- HR professionals
- community groups and multi-stakeholder partnerships
- business, NGOs and not-for-profit members interested in health
- undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students
- general members of the public interested in healthy living
across the life course
What you'll get out of it
From psychological safety in the workplace to "turning health upside down," you'll learn the latest in health innovation from local and internationally-renowned experts.
- Three Minute Health Innovation Live Competition (Dragon’s Den®-style Student Competition)
- Workshops and breakout sessions
- Fireside Chat: Turning Health Upside Down
- Experiential Room (Practitioner Demos & Participation Activities)
- Workout with Shaun T
This event will feature rich opportunities for partnerships among groups and individuals to inspire new solutions to the health challenges we face.
You’ll leave the conference informed and inspired, bringing the latest in wellness and health ideas back to your workplace.