Fish-WIKS News» Go to news main
Fish‑WIKS to Present at CCRN Conference
On May 28-30 the Community Conservation Research Network will be hosting an International Conference on Communities, Conservation and Livelihoods in Halifax, NS. Two of Fish-WIKS’ members have been accepted to present their research: Erin Keenan and Shelley Denny.
Erin will be presenting her paper entitled: Mobilizing Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit in Narwhal Management through Community Empowerment: A Case Study in Naujaat, Nunavut, which was published this month in the journal Arctic.
Shelley will be presenting her paper entitled: A Mi’kmaw Perspective on Advancing Salmon Governance in Nova Scotia, Canada: Setting the Stage for Collaborative Co-Existence, published in International Indigenous Policy Journal.
Registration is now open for the conference!
- Treaty Day & Mi'kmaq History Month
- Senator Murray Sinclair addresses Belong Forum on topic of reconciliation
- Fish‑WIKS PI Dr. Lucia Fanning presents at the13th International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
- Fish‑WIKS PhD Student Mirjam Held Presents at CaNOE Ocean Literacy conference
- Assessing Coastal Restoration Needs in Nunavut: DFO Coastal Restoration Fund Project Announced
- FishWIKS members present their research at Communities, Conservation and Livelihoods conference
- Nicole Latulippe and Lisa Blenkinsop present their FishWIKS research to Nipissing First Nation
- Condolences on the passing of Mi'kmaw Elder Doug Knockwood