Fish-WIKS News» Go to news main
Fish‑WIKS to Present at CCRN Conference
On May 28-30 the Community Conservation Research Network will be hosting an International Conference on Communities, Conservation and Livelihoods in Halifax, NS. Two of Fish-WIKS’ members have been accepted to present their research: Erin Keenan and Shelley Denny.
Erin will be presenting her paper entitled: Mobilizing Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit in Narwhal Management through Community Empowerment: A Case Study in Naujaat, Nunavut, which was published this month in the journal Arctic.
Shelley will be presenting her paper entitled: A Mi’kmaw Perspective on Advancing Salmon Governance in Nova Scotia, Canada: Setting the Stage for Collaborative Co-Existence, published in International Indigenous Policy Journal.
Registration is now open for the conference!
- Fish‑WIKS Partner Takes Leading Role in New Project
- Nunavut holds public meetings on draft polar bear management plan
- Condolences on the passing of Elder Murdena Marshall
- Mawio'mi Photo Essay
- Legacy Space Opened at Dalhousie's Killam Library
- Treaty Day & Mi'kmaq History Month
- Senator Murray Sinclair addresses Belong Forum on topic of reconciliation
- Fish‑WIKS PI Dr. Lucia Fanning presents at the13th International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences