Refining Your Learning Skills for Academically Dismissed Students
Refining Your Learning Skills for Academically Dismissed Students is a practical and experiential program, which gives you the opportunity to work towards achieving academic success.
This course may assist you in your application for a waiver of academic dismissal. It is strongly recommended that you speak with your Faculty or program advisor before registering for this course.
You may only take this course ONCE. No student may repeat this course.
Register early. Space is limited.
Refining classes run from 9:00 am sharp until 12:00 noon for 10 days over a two week period. There is an assignment every day that requires approximately 3 hours, and some afternoon appointments.
It it a holistic program, wherein students will be asked to develop practical study skills, as well as coping strategies and other aspects of self-care.
|1||Thoughts, Feelings, Behaviours|
|3||Learning from Lectures and Note Taking|
|5||Goal Setting and Breaking Bad Habits|
|6||Procrastination and Alternative Thinking Strategies
|8||Assertive Communication and Exam Anxiety
|9||Exam Preparation and Survival Tips|
|10||Mindfulness and Your Future|
April 17 - 28, 2017
May 8 - 19, 2017
June 19 - 30, 2017
July 10 - 21, 2017
August 14 - 25, 2017
Maximum class size is 30 students, with frequent wait lists. Classes are subject to cancellation if enrolment is too low.
- Acquire study skill techniques required for academic success.
- Learn strategies to manage stress.
- Identify your preferred style of learning.
- Apply a time management system to handle a heavy workload.
- Learn goal setting techniques.
- Gain the most out of lectures.
- Develop a note taking system that leads to achieving learning outcomes.
- Identify techniques of test and exam preparation.
- Become a better, more confident student.
- Renew your sense of purpose and direction.
- Achieve your desired Grade Point Average.
- Increase self-awareness and confidence.
- Identify positive patterns of thinking, feeling and doing.
- Create strategies for work, study and personal life balance.