Project Management Certificate Program ‑ Advanced
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this program will be offered 100% online until further notice.
This certificate program is designed and instructed by Procept Associates, Canada’s leading project management training company. This program is ideal for those who are relatively new to the world of project management as well as for those with project management experience who wish to consolidate and advance their skills and knowledge and earn a formal credential.
A wide variety of instructional techniques will be used to deliver this program. Techniques include facilitated group exercises, discussions, and thought-provoking experiential exercises that encourage experimentation and analysis, interspersed with instructor presentation of theory and best practices. Course facilitators encourage discussions among participants about their project management challenges and successes.
This certificate program excels at tying theory and practice using realistic case studies and scenarios and by providing opportunities to practice new skills in a realistic team environment. The skills learned can be immediately used in the workplace to improve project success.
Project Management is a highly interactive discipline that involves working with people and is therefore best learned in a dynamic environment. If you like to interact with other professionals, this certificate is right for you! It appeals to a wide audience from a broad mix of industries.
Participants will gain practical knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Use the terminology and processes of modern project management
- Facilitate team discussions in preparing project plans and in executing projects
- Utilize project management templates
- Value the benefits of a consistent project management method
- Become conversant with the whole breath of modern project management
- Increase PM “lessons learned” by learning from the PM experiences of others
- Return to the workplace equipped to improve your organization’s PM process
- Understand and be able to apply the 42 processes in the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK v6®)
- Prepare to take the PMP or CAPM examination (should you choose).
Who should attend
- Those who are new to projects, or
- Experienced Project Managers who require a better understanding of the role or desire formal recognition through certification
- Individuals who want to enhance their resume and marketability in the project management job market
- Anyone who works in a project management environment, in any industry or discipline, and wants to increase their PM knowledge
- Candidates who want to develop further knowledge in order to prepare for the PMP® or CAPM® designation
- Project Management Essentials
- Comprehensive Project Management Seminar: Core Skills
- Comprehensive Project Management Seminar: Enhanced Skills
Note: Those with significant project management experience can apply for exemption from Project Management Essentials. In some cases, permission might be given to substitute an additional elective for Project Management Essentials.
Elective courses (select one)
The required courses are endorsed by the Project Management Institute as suitable learning for professionals pursuing the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) or Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification. The Certificate in Project Management provides the necessary educational requirements, but completion of the Project Management Certificate does not in itself ensure eligibility or success on the CAPM or PMP. Certification requirements can be found on the PMI website at www.pmi.org.