In partnership with the Nova Scotia Career Development Association
This program has been designed in partnership with the Nova Scotia Career Development Association (NSCDA), and will be offered 100% online starting in September 2020. Industry and adult education experts have designed brand new courses using the new Career Development Competencies currently being developed by the Canadian Career Development Foundation (CCDF) and Canadian Council for Career Development (CCCD).
Driven by today’s changing economy, the field of career development is rapidly evolving and expanding. It’s imperative for those involved – from job coaches to HR professionals – to keep pace with the changing landscape.
Our career development courses and Certificate of Professional and Leadership Studies in Career Development provide an opportunity for both new and experienced practitioners to deepen and refresh their knowledge, in line with the national framework of career development competencies. Participants emerge with the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage effective employment services for a wide range of clients.
Details at a glance
Length: Each course is 12 weeks long. By completing all 7 courses, you will earn the Certificate of Professional and Leadership Studies in Career Development
Cost: $795-$995 per course (discount for NSCDA members)
Start Dates: The first courses: Transition Management (Sept 14 - Dec 4/20) and Theories, Models and Strategies of Career Development (Jan 4 - Mar 26/21)
Delivery Method: 100% online
Who should enrol in these courses?
- Individuals working in the field of career development or career service
- Individuals interested in expanding their skills around career services (i.e. those in counselling, HR, community organizations, and more
What will I learn?
- Historical and emerging theories of career development, and their practical applications when working with clients
- The emotional responses and behavioural implications associated with career transitions, and how to assist clients as they navigate these experiences
- How to coach clients through the experience of job search, application, and interviewing
What courses can I take?
Please note that courses can be taken individually or as part of a 7-course certificate.
- Transition Management
- Theories, Models and Strategies of Career Development
- Career Decision Making
- Supporting Career Searches
- Ethical Practice and Decision Making
- Understanding Diversity
And one of the following advanced skill courses:
- Working with Mass Layoffs
- Working with Employers
- Supporting Military Members in Transition
- Supporting Individuals with Disabilities and Diverse Needs
- Supporting Individuals with Mental Health Considerations
- Indigenous Perspectives on Career Development
What will I earn?
Graduates will earn a Certificate of Professional and Leadership Studies in Career Development. Students who take individual courses will earn a course completion certificate.