Certificate in Blockchain
For all levels in the blockchain technology ecosystem.
Blockchain technology spans many industries from banking to healthcare, entertainment, supply chain management and more. Get trained in blockchain and cryptocurrency with our certificate program and gain in-demand skills for your next career move.
Regardless of your experience or current skill level, you will gain a solid understanding of this cutting-edge technology, as well is its origin, how it's evolved and how it's adding value in business and society.
You will learn this all from a world-leading expert who has taught thousands of students from all over the world.
Details at a glance
Format: 100% Online
Program Length: Three modules, 6 weeks each
Start Date: September 23
Fee: Register for the full certificate and save $225. For more information, please contact Program Manager, Julie Webb
Don't miss our FREE 30-minute webinar on August 27 hosted by the certificate instructor, George Levy.
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in learning about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- Those interested in adding these two technologies to their career profiles and resumes, which are growing in importance and driving many new market and employment opportunities.
- Anyone working in the financial, healthcare, retail, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, legal, gaming or cybersecurity industries where knowledge and skill in these two technology areas is transferable knowledge.
- It is recommended that participants have completed secondary school or equivalent, be proficient (to university level) in English. Between two to five years working experience is preferred but not required.
What will I learn?
Participants will gain practical knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Distinguish the types of blockchain networks including for what environment they are best suited.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of public, private, consortium and permissioned networks in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Describe five Hyperledger frameworks.
- Discuss how Hyperledger leverages open standards and open governance to support business solutions.
- Describe the value of Bitcoin as it relates to a digital economy.
- Explain the challenges that blockchain must overcome to gain mainstream acceptance.
- Describe some of the possibilities that blockchain may influence for both commercial and social good.
Completion of the three modules of the Certificate in Blockchain will also qualify participants to write the Blockchain Professional – Generalist (BCP-G) exam as part of the Foundation Technologies Institute credentialing process.
What courses will I take?
- Module I: Introduction to Blockchain and Blockchain Networks
This is the first module in the 100% online Blockchain Certificate Program. Module I is an introductory program that provides a foundation for understanding the emerging technology of blockchain.
- Module II: Introduction to Blockchain Platforms, Cryptocurrencies and the Digital Economy
This is the second module in the 100% online Blockchain Certificate Program and provides learners with an introduction to the specific information related to blockchain platforms including Hyper Ledger, Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Module III: The Future of Blockchain: Challenges, Opportunities and Introduction to Blockchain Use Cases
Module III of the 100% online Blockchain Certificate Program is designed to provide you with a foundational background and understanding of the future of the emerging technology called blockchain.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three modules in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of the three modules, including all quizzes and assignments. This represents approximately 108 hours of training which includes online sessions, home study, assignments and exam preparation. Participants must attain a minimum of 60% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 60% in the program.
George Levy, CSBCP, CBP is a bestselling instructor and speaker focused on blockchain and cryptocurrency. As Division Head of Blockchain at blocksEDU and Chief Learning Officer at the Blockchain Institute of Technology, George helps organizations understand and envision what is possible with blockchain technology and to translate that knowledge into positive business results.
He has taught more than 60,000 students in more than 80 countries, with clients ranging from Fannie Mae and Ernst & Young, to the Ministry of Economy in Mexico. His presentations and keynotes consistently rank among the top-rated sessions at conferences and events, and his online courses on blockchain and cryptocurrency have earned thousands of five-star reviews. He has been featured in Forbes, CNN and NPR.