Who We Are
Committed professionals who are passionate about what we do. Our students benefit from the real world experiences of our local and extended network of 250 leading practitioners, professionals, and academics. These recognized leaders in their fields inspire our students by sharing what they know and gain enormous satisfaction from contributing to the learning of others.
We strive to offer engaging learning opportunities that will enrich your life, advance your education or career and help you make positive contributions to your communities and organizations.
Dalhousie University College of Continuing Education develops and delivers innovative educational programs that assist:
- Individuals to prepare for and succeed in their academic experience
- Individuals to prepare for and succeed in their professional career
- Organizations and communities to expand capacity
We Serve Diverse Learning Needs
Whether you’re preparing for university or for a career move, our courses and programs can help you achieve your personal ambitions and professional learning goals.
If you are looking for a pathway to undergraduate study, we offer a number of options:
- Courses to help you fulfill program prerequisites in our University Preparation program;
- Our Transition Year Program – an eight-month program that helps prepare students from the Black and Indigenous students for university life;
- A range of programs in English Language Studies that let you start at your current language level and progress to the level required by your chosen degree program. We ensure that you have the required courses, skills, experiences and marks.
Our Professional Development programs are designed to enhance your expertise, keep you current with recent developments in your field or help you stand out in the job market. Our course offerings include Certificate programs in many specialized areas of study. These programs are popular with those who are shifting gears including those who want to build, advance or change careers.
We can develop training solutions for your group, organization or workplace where we match the knowledge available to the learning required. We provide learning opportunities here, there or anywhere – our students are local, national and international. Recently, we have delivered customized educational programs for the Three Gorges Dam in China, the Ministry of Presidential Affairs in Abu Dhabi and Credit Unions in Barbados. What can we do for you?