Investing in your retirement
Dalhousie University provides a defined benefit plan to help you invest in your future. Review the information below and discover how we can support you on your journey to retirement.
How do I enroll in the pension plan?
Find out in our Pension Info for New Employees section.
What is included in the plan?
- Notice of Pension Plan Amendment - dated January 2018 [321KB]
- Amendment to Reflect Changes to the NS Pension Benefits Act – January 2018 [315KB]
- Notice of Pension Plan Amendment - August 2016 [337KB]
- Amendment Change to Interest Crediting - August 2016 [PDF-10KB]
- Employee Pension Contribution Notice (2%) - January 2013 [PDF-186KB]
- Employee Pension Contribution FAQs (2%) - January 2013 [PDF-186KB]
- Amendment Notice (2%) - December 2012 [PDF-86KB]
- Amendment FAQs (2%) - December 2012 [PDF-36KB]
- Amendment Notice (2% Contribution) - July 2012 [PDF-12kb]
If you are currently contributing to the Dalhousie Pension Plan, you are considered an Active member of the Dalhousie University Staff Pension Plan. As a member, you have access to your annual statement and projection/planning tools [login required] to assist in your retirement planning. If you require assistance with these tools please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.