Labour relations principles
Dalhousie is committed to integrity in our labour relationships.
Competitive terms and conditions of employment for our faculty and staff are foundational to our ability to deliver on our mission of
- teaching and learning,
- service to the public and the academic community and
- research and scholarly and artistic work.
In support of our mission, our collective bargaining priorities are:
- Alignment with Inspiration and Impact: Dalhousie Strategic Direction 2014-18
- Promote the recruitment and retention of talent
- Support the financial stability of the university
- Enable flexible and effective management
We believe that these will serve us as we endeavour to strengthen Dalhousie's institutional capacities. We are committed to a respectful approach to move bargaining forward productively.