Fall and winter are prime season for flus, COVID, colds and other illnesses. When you take care of your own health, you’re taking care of everyone else’s health too.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Masks are welcome in all campus spaces for anyone looking to add extra protection against illness.
- Flu shots and updated COVID vaccines will be available this fall, and we strongly encourage all members of our Dal community to stay up to date with their shots.
If you’re sick
- Stay home if you can.
- Students should follow course and/or program’s policy for student illness and missed classes, including the Student Declaration of Absence process as applicable.
- Employees should consult with your supervisor on appropriate work arrangements if you are experiencing symptoms.
- If you think you might have COVID, get tested and follow provincial health guidance.
Students: Student Health and Wellness
Faculty and staff: Human Resources: Accessibility and wellness (login required)
Provincial health resources for COVID-19: Nova Scotia Health