CV of Jeffery Dahn, Ph.D., FRSC
Dept. of Physics Dalhousie University Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3J5, Canada Phone: 902-494-2991 Fax: 902-494-5191 e-mail: email@example.com
Birthdate: Jan. 9, 1957
Marital Status: Married, 3 children
|B.Sc.||Honours Physics, Dalhousie University||1978|
|M.Sc.||Physics, University of B.C.||1980|
|Ph.D.||Physics, University of B.C.||1982|
|1982-1983||Research Associate, Solid State Chemistry, NRC, Ottawa|
|1983-1985||Member of Permanent Scientific Staff, Solid State Chemistry, NRC, Ottawa|
|1985-1987||Project Leader for Materials Science, Moli Energy Ltd., Burnaby, B.C.|
|1987-1990||Director of Research, Moli Energy Ltd., Burnaby, B.C.|
|1990-1994||Associate Professor of Physics, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C.|
|1994-1996||Professor of Physics, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C.|
|1996-2003||NSERC/3M Canada Inc. Industrial Research Chair, Professor of Physics and Professor of Chemistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, N.S., Canada.|
|2003-present||NSERC/3M Canada Inc. Industrial Research Chair, Canada Research Chair in Materials for Batteries and Fuel Cells, Professor of Physics and Professor of Chemistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, N.S., Canada|
|1978-1982||NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship|
|1987||Prize for Innovative Physics from the Division of Industrial and Applied Physics,|
|1993||W. Lash Miller Award, Canadian Section of the Electrochemical Society|
|1994||SFU Excellence in Teaching Award|
|1995||International Battery Materials Association (IBA) Research Award|
|1995||Honorable Mention, NSERC/Conference Board of Canada University-Industry|
|1995||Ranked 8th world-wide for impact of publications in the area of Materials Science between 1990 and 1995 by “Science Watch”. No other Canadian and no other electrochemical researcher was ranked in the top 25.|
|1996||Herzberg Medal, Canadian Association of Physicists (awarded to a physicist under 40 years old for career achievement)|
|1996||Battery Division Research Award, The Electrochemical Society|
|1996||British Columbia Science Council Gold Medal for “Solutions through Research”|
|2000||Appointed associate of the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research Nanoelectronics program|
|2001||Elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada|
|2003||NSERC University/Industry Synergy Award|
|2004||Faculty of Science Teaching Award, Dalhousie University|
|2006||The Electrochemical Award, Canadian Section of the Electrochemical Society (awarded only once every 4 years for career achievement in Electrochemistry)|
|2008||Outstanding Graduate Student Faculty Advisor - Dalhousie University|
|2008||Nova Scotia Discovery Center "Professional of Distinction" award.|
|2009||Canadian Association of Physicists Medal for Excellence in Teaching|
|2010||Rio Tinto Alcan Award from Canadian Insitute of Chemistry|
|2011||Battery Division Technology Award, The Electrochemical Society|
|2012||Elected a Fellow of the Electrochemical Society|
- Maintain one of the largest university laboratories in the world devoted to studies of materials for advanced batteries and fuel cells.
- Helped pioneer the development of the lithium-ion battery.
- The world leader in the development and understanding of carbonaceous materials for use in lithium-ion batteries.
- Over 510 publications in refereed journals and 58 separate inventions with associated issued patents and patents pending.
- Ranked 8th world-wide for impact of publications in the area of Materials Science between 1990 and 1995 by “Science Watch”. No other Canadian and no other electrochemical researcher was ranked in the top 25.
- Presently (Dec. 2007) one of only eleven Canadian Materials Scientists or Physicists to be included in ISI's highly cited author list. Go to: http://hcr3.isiknowledge.com/author.cgi?&link1=Browse&link2=Results&id=1096
Consultant for the following companies
- 3M Co, 3M Canada Co.
- Moli Energy (1990) Ltd. (past)
- NEC/Moli Energy (Canada) Ltd
- Columbian Chemicals
- Acheson Colloids
- FMC Corp
- BP Amoco
- Sion Power and Polystor.
Acted as an expert witness
- Toshiba America
- BYD Americ
- Valence Technologies