Students supervised in bold
67. Rix RR, Cutler GC. 2016. Field-relevant concentrations of amitraz have no effect on honey bee learning, memory, and hemolymph octopamine levels. J Econ Entomol (in press)
66. Schut L, Tyedmers P, Cutler GC, Melathopoulos A. Is early pollination to lowbush blueberry an ecosystem service or disservice? (in revision)
65. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree. 2016. Bee ecotoxicology and data veracity: appreciating the GLP process. Bioscience (in press)
64. Sangha JS, Astatkie T, Cutler GC. Effects of plant essential oils on diamond back moth, Plutella xylostella (Lepidoptera: Plutellidae), survival and behavior. (submitted)
63. MacEachern-Balodis M, Boyd NS, Cutler GC. 2016. Evaluation of dogbane beetle (Chrysochus auratus) for biological management of spreading dogbane (Apocynum androsaemifolium). (submitted)
62. Saroli JA, Cutler GC, Hillier NK. 2016. The morphology of Altica sylvia Malloch (blueberry flea beetle) and Mantura chrysanthemi Koch with focus on sexual dimorphisms. Col Bulletin (in press)
61. Loureiro Filho AMMC, Cutler GC. Parasitism of blueberry spanworm (Lepidoptera: Geometridae) by Ichneumonidae and Tachinidae in Nova Scotia blueberry fields. (in revision)
60. Gradish AE, Cutler GC, Frewin AJ, Scott-Dupree CD. 2016. Comparison of buckwheat, red clover, and purple tansy as potential surrogate plants for use in semi-field pesticide toxicity assessments with Bombus impatiens. PeerJ 4:e2228
59. Cutler GC, Astakie T, Chahil GD. 2016. Weed seed granivory by carabid beetles and crickets for biological control of weeds in commercial wild blueberry fields. Agric Forest Entomol 18:390-397
58. Hughes A, White SN, Boyd N, Hildebrand P, Cutler GC. 2016. Red sorrel (Rumex acetosella L.) management with pronamide and the effect of red sorrel pollen on Botrytis cinerea spore germination and infection of lowbush blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium Ait.) flowers. Can J Plant Sci 96:590–596
57. Faraone N, Hillier NK, Cutler GC. 2016. Collection of host-marking pheromone from Rhagoletis mendax (Diptera: Tephritidae). Can Entomol (in press)
56. Rix RR, Ayyanath MM, Cutler GC. 2016. Sublethal doses of imidacloprid increase reproduction, induce expression of detoxification genes, and prime Myzus persicae (Hemiptera: Aphididae) for subsequent stress. J Pest Sci 89: 581-589
55. Renkema JM, Cutler GC, Lynch DH, MacKenzie K, Walde SJ. 2016. Organic mulches in highbush blueberries alter beetle (Coleoptera) community composition and functional group abundance and diversity. Agric Forest Entomol 18: 119-127
54. Cabrera AR, Almanza MT, Cutler GC, Fischer DL, Hinarejos S, Lewis G, Nigro D, Olmstead A, Overmyer J, Potter D, Raine NE, Stanley-Stahr C, Thompson H, van der Steen J. 2016. Workshop Summary: Bumble Bee Ecotoxicology and Risk Assessment. Integr Environ Assess Manag 12:222-229
53. Cutler GC, Rix R. 2015. Can poisons stimulate bees? Appreciating the potential of hormesis in bee-pesticide research. Pest Manag Sci 71: 1368-1370
52. Al Naggar Y, Wiseman S, Cutler GC, Aboul-Soud MAM, Naiem E, Mona M, Seif A, Giesy JP. 2015. Effects of exposure to environmentally-relevant mixtures of four common organophosphorus insecticides on the honey bee (Apis mellifera L.). J Insect Physiol 82:85-91
51. Faraone N, Hillier NK, Cutler GC. 2015. Plant essential oils synergize and antagonize toxicity of different conventional insecticides against Myzus persicae (Hemiptera: Aphididae). PLoS ONE: e0127774
50. Sheffield CS, Wilkes M, Cutler GC, Hermanutz L. 2015. An artificial nesting substrate for Osmia species that nest under stones, with focus on Osmia inermis (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae). Insect Diver Cons 8: 189-192
49. Cutler GC, Gariepy TD, De Silva ECA, Hillier MK. 2015. High rates of parasitism of blueberry spanworm (Lepidoptera: Geometridae) by Ichneumonidae and Tachinidae parasitoids in commercial lowbush blueberry fields. J Pest Sci 88: 219-223
48. Ayyanath MM, Scott-Dupree CD, Cutler GC. 2015. Effect of low doses of precocene on reproduction and gene expression in green peach aphid. Chemosphere 128: 245-251
47. Melathopoulos AP, Cutler GC, Tyedmers P. 2015. Where is the value in valuing pollination ecosystem services to agriculture? Ecol Econ 109: 59-70
46. Cutler GC, Nams VO, Craig P, Sproule JM, Sheffield CS. 2015. Wild bee (Apoidea) pollinators in Nova Scotia lowbush blueberry fields: community spatial and temporal trends. Basic Appl Ecol 16: 73-85
45. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Sultan M, McFarlane AD, Brewer L. 2014. A large-scale field study examining effects of exposure to clothianidin seed-treated canola on honey bee colony health, development, and overwintering success. PeerJ 2: e652
44. Renkema JM, Cutler GC, Rutherford K. 2014. Molecular gut-content analysis reveals that ground beetle (Coleoptera: Carabidae) predation of lowbush blueberry pests depends on beetle species and pest density. BioControl 59:749–760
43. Melathopoulos AP, Tyedmers P, Cutler GC. 2014. Contextualizing pollination benefits: effect of insecticide and fungicide use on yield increases from bee pollination in lowbush blueberry. Ann Appl Biol 165: 387–394
42. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD. 2014. A field study examining the effects of exposure to neonicotinoid seed-treated corn on commercial bumble bee colonies. Ecotoxicology 23: 1755-1763
41. Ayyanath MM, Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Balakrishnan P, Kandasamy S, Prithiviraj K. 2014. Gene regulation during imidacloprid-induced hormesis in green peach aphids, Myzus persicae. Dose Response 12: 480-497
40. Renkema JM, Cutler GC, Blanchard D, Hammermeister A. 2014. Using ground beetles (Coleoptera: Carabidae) to control slugs in salad greens in the laboratory and greenhouse. Can Entomol 146: 567-578
39. Renkema JM, Cutler GC, Gaul S. 2014. Blueberry fruit fly distribution in and around fruiting and vegetative on edges of lowbush blueberry fields. Pest Manag Sci 70: 1720-1727
38. Reeh KW, Hillier NK, Cutler GC. 2014. Potential of bumble bees as bio-vectors of Clonostachys rosea for Botrytis blight management in lowbush blueberry. J Pest Sci 87: 543-550
37. Guedes RNC, Cutler GC. 2014. Pesticide-induced hormesis and arthropod pest management. Pest Manag Sci 70: 690-697 (Invited Review)
36. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Drexler D. 2014. Honey bees, neonicotinoids, and bee incident reports: the Canadian situation. Pest Manag Sci 70: 779-783
35. Crozier HL, Cutler GC. 2014. Susceptibility of Chrysochus auratus, a natural enemy of spreading dogbane, to insecticides used in wild blueberry. J Appl Entomol 138: 159-162
34. Giesy JP, Solomon KR, Mackay D, Giddings JM, Williams M, Moore D, Purdy J, Cutler C. 2014. Ecological risk assessment for chlorpyrifos in terrestrial and aquatic systems in the United States – overview and conclusions. Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 231:1-12
33. Cutler GC, Purdy J, Giesy JP, Solomon KR. 2014. Risk to pollinators from the use of chlorpyrifos in North America. Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 231:219-265
32. Manning P, Cutler GC. 2013. Potential nocturnal insect pollinators of lowbush blueberry. J Acadian Entomol Soc. 9: 1-3
31. Ayyanath MM, Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Sibley PK. 2013. Transgenerational shifts in reproduction hormesis in green peach aphid exposed to low concentrations of imidacloprid. Plos One 8: e74532
30. De Silva ECA, Silk PJ, Mayo P, Hillier NK, MaGee D, Cutler GC. 2013. Identification of the sex pheromone of blueberry spanworm Itame argillacearia (Lepidoptera: Geometridae). J Chem Ecol 39: 1169-1181
29. Reeh KR, Cutler GC. 2013. Laboratory efficacy and fungicide compatibility of Clonostachys rosea against Botrytis blight on lowbush blueberry. Can J Plant Sci 93: 639-642.
28. Wu L, Boyd NS, Cutler GC, Olson AR. 2013. Spreading dogbane (Apocynum androsaemifolium) development in wild blueberry fields. Weed Sci 61:422–427.
27. Renkema JM, Manning P, Cutler GC. 2013. Predation of lowbush blueberry insect pests by ground beetles in the laboratory. J Pest Sci 86: 525-532
26. Kelly J A, Avery TS, Stewart DT, Cutler GC, Gaul SO, MacKenzie KC, Hillier KN. 2013. New Gelechiidae and Noctuidae species records for continental Canada and Nova Scotia from non-target captures during Lepidoptera pheromone-based trapping. Can Entomol 145: 48-52.
25. Ramanaidu K, Cutler GC. 2013. Different toxic and hormetic responses of Bombus impatiens to Beauveria bassiana, Bacillus subtilis, and spirotetramat. Pest Mang Sci 69: 949-954
24. Cutler GC. 2013. Insects, insecticides and hormesis: evidence and considerations for study. Dose Response 11: 154-177 (Invited Review).
23. Boyle D, Cutler GC. 2012. Some factors that limit virulence of Beauveria bassiana towards Blissus leucopterus hirtus. J Pest Sci 85: 505-512
22. Cutler GC, Renkema JM, Majka CG, Sproule JM. 2012. Distribution and abundance of Carabidae in Nova Scotia wild blueberry fields. Can Entomol 144: 779-791.
21. Renkema JM, Lynch DH, Cutler GC, MacKenzie K, Walde SJ. 2012. Ground and rove beetles (Coleoptera: Carabidae and Staphylinidae) are affected by ground floor management in highbush blueberries. Environ Entomol 41: 1097-1106
20. Renkema JM, Walde S J, Lynch DH, Cutler GC, MacKenzie K. 2012. Ground beetles (Carabidae) are affected by mulch in organic highbush blueberries. Acta Hort 933: 447-453.
19. Cutler GC, Reeh KW, Sproule JM, Ramanaidu K. 2012. Berry unexpected: nocturnal pollination of lowbush blueberry. Can J Plant Sci 92: 707-711.
18. Gradish AE, Scott-Dupree CD, Frewin AJ, Cutler GC. 2012. Lethal and sub-lethal effects of insecticides for use in wild blueberry on Bombus impatiens. Can Entomol 148: 478–486
17. Renkema JM, Lynch DH, Cutler GC, MacKenzie K, Walde SJ. 2012. Emergence of blueberry maggot flies (Diptera: Tephritidae) from mulches and soil at various depths. Environ Entomol 41: 370-376.
16. Gradish AE, Scott-Dupree CD, Cutler GC 2012. Susceptibility of Megachile rotundata to some insecticides used in wild blueberry production in Atlantic Canada. J Pest Sci 85: 133–140.
15. Traugott M, Athanassiou C, Cutler C, Desneux N, Horowitz R, Rainer M, Shipp L, Stauffer C, Weber DC, Zalucki MP. 2012. Editorial 2012: Shaping the profile of Journal of Pest Science. J Pest Sci 85: 1-3.
14. Renkema JM, Cutler GC, Lynch DH, MacKenzie K, Walde SJ. 2011. Pupation depth of blueberry maggot (Diptera: Tephritidae) is affected by mulch type and moisture level in the laboratory. J Pest Sci 84: 281-287.
13. Renkema JM, Lynch DH, Cutler GC, MacKenzie K, Walde SJ. 2011. Predation by Pterostichus melanarius (Illiger) (Coleoptera: Carabidae) on immature Rhagoletis mendax Curran (Diptera: Tephritidae) in semi-field and field conditions. Biol Control 60: 46-53.
12. Ramanaidu K, Hardman JM, Percival DC, Cutler GC. 2011. Laboratory and field susceptibility of blueberry spanworm Itame argillacearia Packard (Lepidoptera: Geometridae) to conventional and reduced-risk insecticides. Crop Prot 30: 1643-1648.
11. Cutler GC, Rogers REL. 2009. New record of the Asiatic garden beetle, Maladera castanea (Arrow), in Atlantic Canada. J Entomol Soc Ontario 140: 40-45.
10. Cutler GC, Ramanaidu K, Astatkie T, Isman MB. 2009. Green peach aphid, Myzus persicae (Hemiptera: Aphididae), reproduction during exposure to sublethal concentrations of imidacloprid and azadirachtin. Pest Manag Sci 65: 205-209.
9. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD. 2007. Exposure to clothianidin seed-treated canola has no long-term impact on honey bees. J Econ Entomol 100: 765-772.
8. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD. 2007. Novaluron: prospects and limitations in insect pest management. Pest Tech 1: 38-46 (Invited Review).
7. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Tolman JH, Harris CR. 2007. Field efficacy of novaluron for control of Colorado potato beetle on potato. Crop Prot 26: 760-767.
6. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Tolman JH, Harris CR. 2006. Toxicity of novaluron to the non-target predatory bug Podisus maculiventris (Heteroptera: Pentatomidae). Biol Control 38: 196-204.
5. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Dugas ML, Deng-Yuan W. 2006. Susceptibility of Canadian Colorado potato beetle populations to imidacloprid and metaflumizone, 2006. Resist Pest Manag 16: 33-36.
4. Cutler GC, Scott-Dupree CD, Tolman JH, Harris CR. 2005. Acute and sublethal toxicity of novaluron, a novel chitin synthesis inhibitor, to Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Say) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae). Pest Manag Sci 61: 1060-1068.
3. Cutler GC, Tolman JH, Scott-Dupree CD, Harris CR. 2005. Resistance potential of Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) to novaluron. J Econ Entomol 98: 1685-1693.
2. Cutler GC, Stock SP. 2003. Steinernema websteri n.sp. (Rhabditida: Steinernematidae), a new entomopathogenic nematode from China. Nematol Med 31: 214-224.
1. Cutler GC, Webster JM. 2003. Host-finding ability of three entomopathogenic nematode isolates in the presence of plant roots. Nematology 5: 601-608.