Professor, Finfish Aquaculture
- B.Sc.(Hon.) Applied Biology, University of Bath (UK)
- Ph.D. Fish Physiology, University of Aston in Birmingham (UK)
- BIOL3005 - Physiology of Aquatic Animals
- AQUA3000 - Fish Health
- AQUA4000 - Finfish Production
- Corey, P., Kim, J.K., Duston, J., Garbary, D.J. in press Feb 2014. Growth and nutrient uptake by Palmaria palmata integrated with Atlantic halibut in a land-based aquaculture system. Algae.
- Caines, S., Manriquez-Hernandez, J.A., Duston, J., Corey, P., Garbary, D.J. in press Feb 2014. Intermittent aeration affects the bioremediation potential of two red algae cultured in finfish effluent. J. Appl. Phycology.
- Duston, J. and Astatkie, T. (2012).Prey density and non-visual feeding by larval striped bass.Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. 141:610-614.
- Corey, P., Kim, J.K., Garbary, D.J., Prithiviraj, B.K. and Duston, J. (2012).Integrating halibut and red macroalgae culture: effects of temperature and nitrate concentration on growth and nutrient removal. J. Appl. Phycology 24: 441-448.
- Duston, J., Astatkie, T., and Zhang, C. 2011 Hypo-osmoregulatory capacity during smolting of endangered inner Bay of Fundy Atlantic salmon and other eastern Canadian stocks. Aquaculture: 319:221-225
- Corey, P., Kim, J.K, Garbary, D.J., Prithiviraj, B., and Duston, J. 2011Bioremediation potential of Chondrus crispus (Basin Head) and Palmaria palmata: effect of temperature and high nitrate on nutrient removal. J Appl Phycol.
- Cook, A.M., Duston, J. and Bradford, R.G. 2010 Temperature and salinity effects on survival and growth of early life stage Shubenacadie River Striped Bass.Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 139:749-757