Assistant Professor, Animal Physiology
Phone: (902) 896.2305
Faculty of Agriculture
PO Box 550
Truro, NS, B2N 5E3
- Controlled breeding protocols (ovarian follicular wave, heat, and ovulation) for sheep and cattle
- Effects of beneficial fatty acids (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid) on reproductive performance
- Effects of phytoestrogens, from clover and soybean, on reproductive performance
- B.Sc. (Hon.) (Memorial)
- MSc (University of Saskatchewan)
- PhD (University of Saskatchewan)
- Controlled breeding
- Exogenous steroidogenic compounds
- ANSC3006: Companion Animal Biology
- BIOL3008: Growth, Reproduction and Lactation
- SPEC4000: Special Topics in Animal Science or Aquaculture
- DMW Barrett, PM Bartlewski, R Duggavathi, KL Davies, SL Huchkowsky, T Epp, & NC Rawlings (2008). Synchronization of follicular wave emergence in the seasonally anestrous ewe: The effects of estradiol with or without medroxyprogesterone acetate. Theriogenology 69(7): 827-36.
- S Madgwick, ET Bagu, R Duggavathi, PM Bartlewski, DMW Barrett, S Huchkowsky, SJ Cook, AP Beard, & NC Rawlings (2008). Effects of treatment with GnRH from 4 to 8 weeks of age on the attainment of sexual maturity in bull calves. Anim. Reprod. Sci. 104 (2-4): 177-88.
- DMW Barrett, R Duggavathi, KL Davies, PM Bartlewski, ET Bagu, & NC Rawlings (2007). Differential effects of various estradiol-17β treatments on follicle-stimulating hormone peaks, luteinizing hormone pulses, basal gonadotropin concentrations, and antral follicle and luteal development in cyclic ewes. Biol. Reprod. 77(2): 252-62.