Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Dalhousie Professor Wants Canada to Consider Sending Any Excess Vaccine to Caribbean
Hyward, Jonathan. (12 Mar 2021). Dalhousie professor wants Canada to consider sending any excess vaccine to Caribbean. CBC News.
'Why don't we talk about an equitable plan for the distribution of excess vaccines?'
Dalhousie University bioethicist Françoise Baylis says there are some potential pitfalls surrounding so-called vaccine passports. (Jonathan Hayward/The Canadian Press)
A bioethicist from Dalhousie University wants the federal government to explore sending any excess vaccine supply to places like the Caribbean and Mexico, which are struggling due to a Canadian flight ban.
There have been reports the federal government could donate shots to lower-income countries if Canada received more doses than it needs.
Research professor Françoise Baylis thinks any excess supply should go to countries that would usually benefit economically from a large number of Canadian tourists. ...Continue reading here.
- COVID‑19 Vaccines Online Round‑table
- Human Embryo Research Beyond 14 Days? International Perspectives
- CBC Radio's The House: Should Canada Issue Vaccine Passports?
- Vaccine Passports Are Rife with Issues
- The Legislative Roots of Ontario's COVID‑19 Failure
- Should We Adopt Vaccine Certification Programs?
- Should Nova Scotia Redistribute Vaccines to Ontario? Not Yet
- Challenge Studies for COVID‑19: Now Is Not the Time