Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Why Feminist Philosophy Matters to the Health of Canadians
This public panel presentation will focus on the ways in which Dalhousie's feminist bioethicists have shaped and continue to inform medical and social policy and practice to create better health care and a fairer society.In honour of: Dr. Susan Sherwin, CM FRSC (Professor Emerita, Dalhousie University), who wrote the first North Americian doctoral thesis on feminist ethics and the first monograph on feminist bioethics, No Longer Patient (Temple UP, 1992).
For further information on the event in general and panel specifically, presss here.
- Health for All: Implications of Gender & Sexuality for Bioethics
- Interview: 'You Can't Just Pretend to be God'
- Be It Resolved: The Prohibition on Payment for Surrogacy & Gametes in Canada Should Be Repealed
- Women Prisoners and the Right to Health Care
- Ancestry Tracing: Can Genetics Tell You Who You Are?
- Lloyd Fraser Award for Outstanding Senate Leadership
- Letter to the editor
- Genealogy & Genetics: Free Public Workshop