Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Why Feminist Philosophy Matters to the Health of Canadians
This public panel presentation will focus on the ways in which Dalhousie's feminist bioethicists have shaped and continue to inform medical and social policy and practice to create better health care and a fairer society.In honour of: Dr. Susan Sherwin, CM FRSC (Professor Emerita, Dalhousie University), who wrote the first North Americian doctoral thesis on feminist ethics and the first monograph on feminist bioethics, No Longer Patient (Temple UP, 1992).
For further information on the event in general and panel specifically, presss here.
- Why Feminist Philosophy Matters to the Health of Canadians
- Paying Surrogate Mothers?
- The Ethical Case for Having a Baby With Down Syndrome
- Bioethics in Action
- Choosing Down Syndrome: Why More People Should Choose to Have Children with Down Syndrome
- Editing the Human Genome: The Ethics of Moulding Our Future
- I Smile Back