Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Ethics & the Deep Blue Sea: How Transparent is the Communication of Ocean Science?
Wed., 29 Mar 2017 (7:00-8:30PM)
CCEPA, 630 Francklyn Street
President's Lodge, Atlantic School of Theology
Sample Discussion Questions
- Do ocean scientists have an ethical obligation to be transparent in the communication of information?
- What challenges limit the ability of scientists to be transparent when communicating with policy makers or the general public?
- How should the general public hold ocean scientists accountable?
Space is limited. Registration required: email email@example.com or tel. 902-428-1416.
Sponsored by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Public Affairs (CCEPA)
- "Highs & Lows": Cannabis Use, Genetics, & Mental Illness
- Can't You Hear That Lonesome Whistle Blow? Why medical researchers stay silent about dangers to human subjects
- Genome Editing of Human Embryos Broadens Ethics Discussions
- Synthetic Biology: Blurring Boundaries to Create New Realities
- Medical Assistance in Dying: The Story of Law Reform in Canada
- A Test for Freedom of Conscience under the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms
- 'Simply to be Let In': Opening the Doors to Lower‑Income Older Adults & Their Companion Animals
- What is Ethical Healthcare Communication?