Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Ethics & the Deep Blue Sea: How Transparent is the Communication of Ocean Science?
Wed., 29 Mar 2017 (7:00-8:30PM)
CCEPA, 630 Francklyn Street
President's Lodge, Atlantic School of Theology
Sample Discussion Questions
- Do ocean scientists have an ethical obligation to be transparent in the communication of information?
- What challenges limit the ability of scientists to be transparent when communicating with policy makers or the general public?
- How should the general public hold ocean scientists accountable?
Space is limited. Registration required: email email@example.com or tel. 902-428-1416.
Sponsored by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Public Affairs (CCEPA)
- Why Feminist Philosophy Matters to the Health of Canadians
- Paying Surrogate Mothers?
- The Ethical Case for Having a Baby With Down Syndrome
- Bioethics in Action
- Choosing Down Syndrome: Why More People Should Choose to Have Children with Down Syndrome
- Editing the Human Genome: The Ethics of Moulding Our Future
- I Smile Back