Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
The Budget's Baby Steps on Gender Analysis
Cattapan, A., Hanson, C., Stinson, J., Levac, L., & Paterson, S. The budget's baby steps on gender analysis. Policy Options Politiques — The Public Forum for the Public Good.
The government took baby steps toward implementing a gender analysis in its budget announced Wednesday. This is important. It’s the first time Canada has developed a budget that looks at the way public policy affects men and women differently, including women who belong to multiple communities, such as Indigenous and immigrant women.
The Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women (CRIAW-ICREF) hopes this budget ... [read further]
- "Highs & Lows": Cannabis Use, Genetics, & Mental Illness
- The Council of Europe and the Prohibition on Human Germline Genome Editing
- Falling Walls Lab
- Commentary on Prof. Mary Crossley's paper, "Children's Disability, Parental Autonomy, and Identity"
- Activism and the Hallowed Halls of Academia
- Can't You Hear That Lonesome Whistle Blow? Why medical researchers stay silent about dangers to human subjects
- Genome Editing of Human Embryos Broadens Ethics Discussions
- Synthetic Biology: Blurring Boundaries to Create New Realities