Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Precarious Labour: On Egg Donation as Work
Cattapan, A. (2016). Precarious labour: on egg donation as work. Studies in Political Economy, 97(3), 234-252.
This article examines the relationship between social reproduction and reproductive technologies in Canada to interrogate the value in reconceiving egg donation as a form of labour, rather than as a matter of health. It argues that understanding egg donation as labour both highlights the potential for egg donors to be autonomous, agentic subjects within exploitative circumstances, and offers new possibilities for the governance of what has been, to date, a failed policy field.
- CRISPR Panel Discussion
- Ethics & the Deep Blue Sea: How Transparent is the Communication of Ocean Science?
- Unbroken Glass
- Hands Clean: On Purity and Power in Biomedical Research
- Eggspectations: A Critical Examination of the Donation & 'Social' Freezing of Eggs
- Having Our Baby: The Surrogacy Boom
- Precarious Labour: On Egg Donation as Work
- Canadian Citizenship Ceremony