Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Precarious Labour: On Egg Donation as Work
Cattapan, A. (2016). Precarious labour: on egg donation as work. Studies in Political Economy, 97(3), 234-252.
This article examines the relationship between social reproduction and reproductive technologies in Canada to interrogate the value in reconceiving egg donation as a form of labour, rather than as a matter of health. It argues that understanding egg donation as labour both highlights the potential for egg donors to be autonomous, agentic subjects within exploitative circumstances, and offers new possibilities for the governance of what has been, to date, a failed policy field.
- Choosing Down Syndrome
- Choosing Down Syndrome: Why More People Should Choose to Have Children with Down Syndrome
- Editing the Human Genome: The Ethics of Moulding Our Future
- I Smile Back
- Sanctuary: The Future for Captive Whales
- Drug Secrecy No More
- Pushing Boundaries: A Film Series About What We Owe Other Animals
- First‑in‑human Phase 1 CRISPR Gene Editing Cancer Trials: Are We Ready?