An investment in your future
InteRACT is a cost-recovery treatment program with 15 years of proven success. We are a non-profit organization primarily funded by participant fees, with support from Dalhousie University and outside donations. We offer an intensive, innovative service that is simply not available in the public sector.
Fees and payment schedule
The 2018 spring and summer fees are $18,850 CAD. A non-refundable deposit of $3,000 is required upon acceptance into the program to hold your spot. There is no application fee.
Your fees cover:
- initial assessment and final reassessment
- all clinical intervention, including 100+ hours of one-on-one speech and language therapy
- group therapy sessions and supplies
- evening group recreation activities
- individual recreation therapy planning
- one individual recreation outing of the participant’s choice (such as a golf lesson, pottery class or photography lesson), including transportations and fees
- weekly physiotherapy
- partner education and support group
- lunch Monday through Friday for participant and partner
- one evening meal a week for participant and partner
- transportation and admission for all outings
- a comprehensive final report with strategies for continued success
Fees do not cover accommodations or transportation to or from our facilities. Contact us for more information about accommodation options, including short-term apartment rental.
Why the price tag?
We have a team of experienced and dedicated clinicians and speech-language pathology interns providing you with customized therapy to help you meet your goals. Our groundbreaking program has served as a model for similar offerings across North America.
We do not cut corners. Our limited enrollment, high clinician-to-participant ratio, and inter-professional approach has resulted in our participants showing measurable communication improvements, but it does require a financial investment.
Insurance and other funding resources
Private insurance policies cover varying amounts of outpatient speech-language treatment. We suggest you speak with your insurance company to see if you are eligible for coverage. While we do not bill insurance companies directly, we will provide the necessary documentation they may require for reimbursement.
Past InteRACT participants have secured financial support from funding agencies, community groups or benevolent organizations, family resources and crowd funding. In recent years, several applicants have been able to fund their entire programs through crowd funding. Contact us if you would like ideas about how to do this.