Research Vision, Mission and Values
We are a leading innovative, research-intensive university, inspiring our diverse scholarly community to serve Nova Scotia, our region, our nation and our world.
Our Research Mission
To create a hub of world-leading research and innovation, adding to the intellectual, social and economic capital of our communities.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness
Equity, diversity and inclusiveness are firmly implanted within Dalhousie’s strategic priorities. Dalhousie’s Employment Equity policy is widely considered one of the most rigorous in the U15 research-intensive universities in Canada.
Dalhousie’s research initiatives are driven by the following values:
- Responsible conduct of research: Dalhousie researchers are committed to the ethical conduct of research.
- Collaborating across disciplines: Dalhousie researchers seek opportunities for collaboration and recognize that new perspectives enrich research insights.
- Training the next generation of researchers: Dalhousie University is committed to providing opportunities and mentorship to tomorrow’s research leaders.
- Mobilizing knowledge to sustain change: Dalhousie researchers seek solutions to today’s most pressing research challenges in an effort to create sustainable, positive change.
- Partnering with the world: Dalhousie University partners with the world’s best, engaging with research leaders at universities, institutes and the private sector around the globe.