How much will it cost?
How much will university cost?
There’s a lot to consider when preparing for university but finances are a major factor that can impact your decision. Expenses vary depending on the lifestyle of the student and level of enrolment. For an estimate of tuition fees, check out our online fee calculator.
The cost of your studies will vary based on a number of factors, such as:
- course selection and number of classes
- textbooks and supplies
- living accommodations and meals
- entertainment and lifestyle expenses
- Canadian citizenship
How will they fund their education?
For most students, money for education tends to come from many sources, including:
- Scholarships – students can be considered for all general entrance awards at Dal by completing one application. The awards range from $500-41,900 and the application is due on March 1.
- Bursaries – Dal offers a variety of bursaries that students can apply for beginning in their first year.
- Canadian Student Loans – Government loan programs are intended to supplement the financial resources of students and their families. These loans come from both the federal government and the provincial or territorial governments. Students must fill out an application for theirhome province/territory for each year that they are studying.
- U.S. Student Loans – Financial Assistance is available for Citizens and Permanent Residents of the United States. Dalhousie is recognized as a participant by the US Department of Education for the Direct Loan Programs.