Today@Dal» Go to news main
Mental Health 101 ‑ Recognizing and Responding to Students in Distress
Killiam Library, B400
10:00 - 12:00 pm
Facilitator: Joanne Mills, Psychologist, Student Health & Wellnes
The MH101 session is limited to faculty, instructors, and staff at Dalhousie and King's.
In any given year 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental illness, and according to Statistics Canada youth aged 15-24 are the most likely group to suffer the effects of a mental illness, substance dependency and suicide. Considering most university students are within this age group it is essential that those working with university students are provided the necessary knowledge and resources to recognize and respond to students in distress.
- Get your tickets now for the 50/50 Raffle in support of the United Way
- University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Job posting
- Final study skills workshops for fall semester (Halifax campuses)
- Job postings
- Off campus meal plans for winter term
- Participants needed for walking study
- Updated research ethics form for prospective research