Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant posting: History of Science and Technology program
Deadline for Applications: Friday, September 2, 2022
Established in 1789, King’s College is Canada’s oldest chartered university and is associated with Dalhousie University. A small and extraordinarily lively academic community located in Halifax (Kjipuktuk), Nova Scotia, King’s is known nationally and internationally for its highly acclaimed interdisciplinary programs in the humanities, including its renowned Foundation Year Program, its professional programs in journalism and its fine arts programs in creative writing. King’s is a community where students, faculty, alumni, and staff work to bring greater understanding, creativity, and compassion to the world.
The History of Science and Technology Program at the University of King’s College invites applications for a Teaching Assistant position for “Beginnings of Wisdom: Science in the Premodern World” (HSTC 2001/CLAS 2001). The course explores the history of premodern natural philosophy through the study of primary sources from antiquity (Near Eastern and Greco-Roman) and the medieval Islamicate and Christian cultures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- reading course material
- grading assignments and exams
- holding office hours and assisting students with assignments
- attending lectures (please consult the Dalhousie Academic Timetable regarding class time)
- consulting on a regular basis with the instructor regarding the approach taken in teaching, grading and other expectations
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates may come from various fields but should have at least an undergraduate degree. Familiarity with the ancient and/or medieval periods will be considered an asset, as will prior TA experience.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $25.27. The position is conditional on the course’s final enrollment numbers
To apply for this position, please forward an electronic application and C.V. to:
Dr. Kyle Fraser
History of Science and Technology Program
University of King’s College
Phone: (902) 422-1271, ext. 230
Questions regarding the position can be directed to the same email address.
The University of King’s College is committed to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. We encourage and welcome applications from Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), persons with a disability, racialized persons, including persons of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversification of our community.
- Teaching Assistant posting: Department of Business and Social Sciences (Agriculture)
- Teaching Assistant postings: Environmental Science program
- Teaching Assistant posting: Early Modern Studies Program
- Dalhousie Mini Medical School Program
- Glengarry parking lot paving
- Job postings
- What It's Like, #2
- Request for Feedback – Department of Critical Care Survey (For stakeholders external to the department)