Today@Dal» Go to news main
Marker posting: School of Information Management
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Dec 14th, 2021
Or until position is filled
POSITION: Marker - 1 positions available
(Jan - Apr 2022)
DEPARTMENT: School of Information Management
PAY RATE: $16.61 per hour at 65 hours
LOCATION: Studley Campus; Current - remote
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The marker(s) will assist with INFO 2001 – Digital Society
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Marking assignments and other deliverables and maintaining an on-line grade book on Brightspace
- Meeting and corresponding with students online for assistance regarding content and logistics of course
- Assist Instructor when needed
- Communicate regularly with the professor
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
To have experience with marking.
To have a good academic record. Preference will be given to those who have completed undergraduate degrees in Digital Humanities, Contemporary Studies or Media Studies. The successful candidate must be very well organized and be able to complete the marking in a timely manner (usually maximum of one week). All tasks and roles will be completed online. Candidates should have a strong command of digital humanities curriculum and be a current graduate student. Having attention to detail and timeliness is required. Candidates must be able to responsively correspond with students online regarding course logistics, content, and marks. Previous experience as a TA or marker would be an asset.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION, PLEASE SEND YOUR C.V. BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Prof. Janet Music
School of Information Management
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
- Final Reminder – Planned Power Outage TOMORROW (plus correction)
- Reminder for Instructors: Student Declaration of Absence Form
- Seeking participants for an intermittent fasting study
- Job postings
- Part‑Time Employment Opportunity: Teaching Assistant in the History of Science and Technology Program
- Temporary closure: Black Student Advising Centre
- Power outage for Saturday, Aug. 13 expanded to include additional buildings
- Job postings