Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant posting: PHAC 1471 (Pharmacology)
Department: Department of Pharmacology ( Halifax)
Posting Date: May 10, 2021
Application Deadline: August 10, 2021
Position: Teaching Assistant (TA90)
Term/Dates: September to December 2021/Fall Term
Pay Rate: In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement
Work Assignment: The Teaching Assistant is responsible for providing support for PHAC 1471 Pharmacology for Pharmacy.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Regular meetings with course coordinator to review course schedule and TA tasks/workload
- Regular availability to students (virtual office hours, or via email) to address questions about course assessments
- Attend lectures, as needed, for discussions/presentations of course assessment components
- Assist in exam room set up and invigilate course exams
- Marking and providing feedback on course assessment components, including student essays, based upon existing grading rubrics
While there will be tasks assigned throughout the term (September-end of November), the end of the term (early December) will require the most attention, as this time period includes grading the majority of the assignments, the final exam and tabulation of the final course grades.
Requirements: Previous instructional and evaluation experience and familiarity with online course tools are considered assets
The successful applicant will be enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in the Department of Pharmacology, or a recent graduate; will have a strong knowledge of Pharmacology and the topics covered in this course (Any additional preparation time needed to become familiar with the subject matter to make appropriate assessment decisions are the responsibility of the successful candidate); and will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application procedure: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by the application deadline to Lori Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirements of the position. Identify previous TA experience (course #, dates), if applicable. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and budgetary approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity
- Part‑Time Academic Postings: College of Pharmacy/Faculty of Health
- Teaching and Learning Grants: Call for Applications
- mySupport Coming Soon
- Shout‑Out summary
- Job postings
- Meet Permjot Valia, your summer 2021 Path2Innovation facilitator
- CUPE fall part‑time academic posting
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet the pets of OFI