Today@Dal» Go to news main
Update on NSGEU Local 77 negotiations
On Friday, March 26, the negotiating teams for the Dalhousie Board of Governors and the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union (NSGEU) Local 77 met with a government-appointed conciliator in an attempt to come to agreement on some of the outstanding issues at the bargaining table.
We are disappointed to share the news that conciliation was unsuccessful. The University presented a final offer, which the NSGEU does not endorse, but has agreed to present to its members for a vote, likely next week. A Summary of Offer that outlines the University's Proposal is available in the latest Labour Relations update.
We remain confident that this will be resolved without labour disruption.
For the latest information, please continue to visit the Labour Relations website and watch for further updates. NSGEU Local 77 represents approximately 850 administrative and technical support staff at Dalhousie.
- Dal Bookstore re‑opens today for in‑person shopping
- Senate news: Louise Spiteri elected Chair for three‑year term
- Virtual Study Skills Workshops (Halifax)
- Job postings
- Status update: Dalhousie Advanced Network Project
- Campus flags lowered
- Teaching Assistant posting: Information Management, INFO 6513
- Invitation to participate in a culturally responsive teaching study