Today@Dal» Go to news main
Studley Planned Power Outage
There will be a planned power outage affecting Upper Studley Campus on Tuesday, July 28. This is to connect the new transformer and feed from the Life Sciences Centre to the Dunn Building. The LSC will be isolated and will not lose power during the outage. Shirreff Hall, Henry Hicks Administration Building and Sir James Dunn Building, however, will lose power for the duration of the outage.
Facilities Management has determined that the following date and time will enable the maintenance to be completed and cause the least disruption to campus activities:
- Tuesday, July 28th, 2020 from 6am-6pm
The following buildings will be affected as described below. As in past outages, re-routing power from other buildings, or backup generators may be available on a case-by-case basis if you have special emergency power needs.
LSC – Biology, Phycology, Oceanography, Common Area – Will not be affected
Steele Ocean Science Building – Will not be affected
Wallace McCain Learning Commons – Will not be affected
Shirreff Hall – Full generator back-up
Henry Hicks Administration Building - No generator back-up
Dunn Building – No generator back-up
If you do not see your building in this list, you will not be affected.
Please contact Glen Deveau, Project Manager, 902-222-2217, if you have any questions or concerns.
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Mudkip
- Part‑time academic posting: History of Science and Technology Program (University of King's College)
- Advanced English courses available to students and community this spring and summer
- Teaching Assistant posting: PHAC 1471 (Pharmacology)
- Job posting
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Moo‑Joe Sebastien Soucy
- Markers posting: Department of Spanish & Latin American Studies
- Coming soon: A new look for the myDal homepage