Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Director, School of Nursing
POSTING DATE: October 15, 2019
POSITION: PART-TIME ACADEMIC INSTRUCTOR
TERM: January 6 – April 3, 2020
PAY RATE: According to CUPE Collective Agreement
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The part-time academic instructor will be responsible for teaching NURS5120.03 – Quantitative Research Methods during the Winter term of the academic year 2019-2020.
This graduate course focuses on research methods for the systematic investigation and expansion of nursing knowledge. Research methods in general and quantitative research methods in particular will be explored as they relate to the development and testing of scientific theory, the critique of research literature, and the utilization of research in practice.
- Online Asynchronous Delivery via Bright Space
This is a three-credit hours course.
This contract runs from January 1, 2020 until April 30, 2020. The part-time academic instructor reports directly to the Associate Director, Graduate Studies.
- Development of teaching and learning activities related to the course
- Delivery and co-ordination of the course
- Assessment and evaluation of student learning
- Use of Brightspace for course delivery
- Responding to student queries about coursework
- Attending initial instruction with Instructional Learning Online services
- Participation in course discussions within the program
- Develop and administer examinations
- Submission of grades
- Follow up with students as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE: Candidates must hold a graduate degree in Nursing, or related field, with relevant expertise and teaching experience. PhD preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 28, 2019 or until position filled.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, their resume and three references (names) with contact information, including one from the most recent employer. Referees will not be contacted without the consent of the candidate.
Please apply by email to email@example.com (Ms. Angelika Torres, HR/Finance Assistant, School of Nursing, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, B3H 4R2; Phone: 494-7807, Fax: 494-3487).
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The University encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. All candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Teaching Assistant / Marker Postings ‑ Faculty of Engineering
- Job Postings
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Faculty of Science
- Accounts Payable December 2019 Cut‑off Dates
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 99 reach a tentative agreement
- Lab Demonstrator Postings ‑ School of Health Sciences
- Teaching Assistant Postings‑ Public Administration/Faculty of Management
- Sessional Lecturer Postings ‑ Communication Science and Disorders