Today@Dal» Go to news main
Renovations to Macdonald Building to affect building access, nearby stairwell
Starting Monday, July 22, Facilities Management will begin some work to south side of the Kipling library of the Macdonald Building. This work will take place over the next four weeks in order to fix an ongoing leak in the Phonathon Room. (See red arrow below.)
While this work is ongoing, the accessible entrance and ramp to the Macdonald building will be closed, as well as the stairwell leading from the South side of the Chase building to the Macdonald Building and Hicks Building. (See green arrow above.) The main entrance to the Macdonald Building (facing the Studley Quad) will remain open.
Individuals looking to move to and from the Studley Quad in this area are encouraged to use entrances to the Life Sciences Centre (including the Wallace McCain Learning Commons) and the Chemistry Building or the walkway next to the Killam Library. We are working to accommodate accessibility needs for the Macdonald Building on a case-by-case-basis.
These closures are expected to be in place for the duration of the four-week project. There will also be times when the noise levels may be disruptive.
We apologize for any inconvenience this necessary work may cause and appreciate our community’s understanding as we work to make these necessary repairs.
If you have any concerns, please contact:
Supervisor – Maintenance and Operations
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Snoopy
- Teaching Assistant / Demonstrator postings: Animal Science and Aquaculture, Faculty of Agriculture
- Study Skills Coach Position in Economics or Management
- Teaching Assistant posting: College of Sustainability
- Job postings
- Teaching Assistant / Marker / Demonstrator postings: Integrated Science program
- Reminder for Instructors: Student Declaration of Absence Form
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Molly