Today@Dal» Go to news main
Urban Nature Walk: Birds
Join the first of seven guided nature walks on the Dalhousie Studley campus on Wednesday, May 22nd from 12:15 pm-1pm meeting outside the Henry Hicks Building in the Studley quad examining the birds in the natural environment just outside our offices and classrooms! This walk will be led by Andy Horn and is an opportunity to get outside during your lunch hour, enjoy the beautiful outdoors, and learn about the nature that surrounds us even in the heart of the city. The event is free and there will be an opportunity to share your findings from the day's walk with fellow birders and naturalists through iNaturalist.ca.
Stay tuned for the upcoming walks throughout the next year and four seasons! We will explore edible plants, indigenous knowledge, geology, intertidal communities, mushrooms, and urban forestry! The next walk will be sometime in June.
- Impact: Updates from our 2014‑2019 Strategic Direction
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science
- Specials this week at the Dal UClub. All are welcome! We open at 8 am
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- NEW! Dal Tigers Female Hockey Summer Skills Academy
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Philosophy
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Plant, Food, and Environmental Sciences