Today@Dal» Go to news main
We are seeking individuals and families with Breast Cancer Survivor experiences.
Dalhousie University is looking for breast caancer survivors and/or family members who would be willing to share their story to small groups of students in the Faculty of Health.
Volunteers will be asked share their experience in conjunction with a case study provided to students on the care of a patient with breast cancer. There will be a small honorarium presented to the volunteers for their time and dedication to the event.
This event is taking place:
Collaborative Health Education Building, Dalhousie University, 5793 University Avenue
Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Tuesday, November 6th from 4:00pm-5:30pm
Thursday, November 8th from 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Volunteers will have a short orientation provided by Dalhousie, 45 mins, prior to the event and then be a part of the groups for up to 1.5 hours. Volunteers will be supported by faculty who will be present and who will lead the agenda for the day.
- Volunteers will be asked to aid groups from varying backgrounds, through a case, providing feedback on their experience, the emotional aspect of diagnosis, treatment, post treatment and navigating the health care system.
- The School is looking for volunteers for each session (Tuesday and Thursday) and it would great if volunteers could commit for both days! However, if volunteers can only commit to one day, the organizers would be happy to have volunteers for one of the two days.
- If volunteers commit for both days they are only required to complete one orientation.
If anyone is interested in helping, please e-mail Tammy Fancy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Back on Track registration open for students
- Research & Special Purpose Accounting returned to the Hicks Building on January 16th
- Job & Career Fair for students on Thursday, February 7
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Psychology and Neuroscience / Faculty of Science
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Faculty of Agriculture, Business and Social Sciences
- Welcome receptions for interim President & Vice‑Chancellor Peter MacKinnon
- Job Postings
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture