Today@Dal» Go to news main
Walktober Weekly Trivia
Each Tuesday in Today@Dal for the month of October a mystery
location and question will be posted about the campus on which you work – Agricultural, Carleton, Sexton, Studley. By noon on Friday, email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win a weekly prize. Feel free to answer questions about more than one campus. Each entry will also be included in a grand prize draw at the end of October.
For the week of October 15th:
Agriculture: Who does the Alumni Gardens
entrance arch honour?
Carleton: Name one item you recognize from
the historic display off the lobby of the Dentistry Building.
Sexton: What are the Latin words on the
door of Hart House at 1340 Barrington Street?
Studley: How many steps are there at the
entrance of DeMille House, 1411 Seymour Street?
Congratulations to winners from Walktober
Week 1 and 2: Car safety kits went to Ellen Lynch (Math &
Stats), Gillian Hatch (AC Student Success) and Dawn Dean (Financial Services).
Tracey Roy (Registrar’s Office) received an insulated lunch bag and Wayne
Paquet (AC Enrollment Services), Carl Harvey (Libraries) and Heather Dominey
(Student Success) received a kit bag and water bottle. All prizes were provided by Johnson
Insurance, Dal's preferred home and auto insurance provider - http://dalhousie.johnson.ca.
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ School of Social Work
- Specials this week at the DalUClub ‑ all are welcome
- Dalplex Christmas Craft Market is this week
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Gender and Women's Studies
- Studying for Success Workshops (Halifax)
- Full‑Time Instructor Posting ‑ Faculty of Science
- DIY Competency Camp Week #4
- NRC‑IRAP: Science and Technology Assistance