Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Bachelor of Management
POSTING DATE: April 24, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 2, 2018
POSITION: Teaching Assistant (1 position) [May 7 - August 18, Spring & Summer Session]
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Bachelor of Management
PAY RATE: $23.46/hr (approximately 130 hours)
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The Teaching Assistant will assist with the subject matter for two (2) sections each of the on-line Spring & Summer MGMT 4001 Strategy Formulation & Analysis and MGMT 4002 Strategy Implementation courses delivered through Brightspace.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Responding on-line to student requests for assistance and participating in the online discussions.
2. General on-line course administration
3. Mark on-line discussions, on-line assignments and maintain an on-line grade book
4. Be available on-line for student consultation, possibly through live chats, email, telephone etc. (times and dates will be arranged between the professor and TA )
5. Participate in on-line live classroom and group chat sessions and provide weekly on-line office hours
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION: Candidates should be a graduate student and have an undergraduate degree in Business or Management and familiarity with the Bachelor of Management program curriculum and ideally would have completed a strategic management course at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
Previous experience as a TA in both MGMT 4001 and MGMT 4002 would be an asset. The candidate must be familiar with the Brightspace environment from a TA perspective and be able to provide some assistance with creating and supporting various elements of the course delivery.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION, PLEASE APPLY BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Please forward a letter of application outlining your experience and qualifications and a current c.v. to:
Dr. Florence Tarrant
Academic Director, Undergraduate Programs
Rm 2086, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building
6100 University Avenue
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University. Dalhousie University is an Employment Equity/Affirmative Action employer. The University encourages applications from qualified Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons and women.
- Graduate Student Assistantships ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Environmental Science Program, Faculty of Science
- Third Caregiver Appreciation Day on Wednesday
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ English
- Job Postings
- This week's specials at your club the DalUClub
- Halifax Bike Week: Bike Safety Workshop & Ride
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Biology/Science