Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Sociology & Social Anthropology
Applications are invited for the Teaching Assistant position for SOSA/POLI 1500 beginning January 2018 to April 2018. Teaching Assistants work under the direction of the class instructor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current enrolment in or completion of a Graduate programme. Preference will be given to applicants who are currently enrolled or have completed a Graduate programme in Sociology and Social Anthropology or Political Science.
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The teaching assistant will be responsible for duties, which may include: preparation of teaching material, in-class duties (tutorials, lectures, etc.), marking, invigilation, office duties, and communication with students and course instructor.
PAY RATE: In accordance with Agreement between Dalhousie University and Canadian Union of Public Employees (https://cdn.dal.ca/content/dam/dalhousie/pdf/dept/hr/Academic-Staff-Relations/CUPE-3912-Collective-Agreement-2012-2016.pdf ).
Please include a CV along with your written interest by the above deadline to:
Dr. Elizbeth Fitting
Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
6135 University Avenue
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2
E-mail applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from qualified Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, visible minorities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all qualified candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For further information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.
- Offices of the President, Vice President Finance and Administration and Provost and Vice President Academic Moving
- We are seeking individuals and families with Breast Cancer Survivor experiences.
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Health Sciences/Faculty of Health
- Do you know a student who would benefit from one‑on‑one advising?
- Call for Winter Clothing Drive
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture
- Scholarship @ Dal Libraries ‑ New series starting fall 2018
- Senate Agenda for October 22, 2018