Today@Dal» Go to news main
The winter and spring term is an exciting time at the Centre for Learning and Teaching
The winter and spring term is an exciting time at the Centre for Learning and Teaching. Learn more about our upcoming teaching and learning professional development; conference; grants; awards; and programs.
Dalhousie Conference on University Teaching and Learning (DCUTL)
This year’s conference theme is “Exploring the Future(s) of Higher Education: Supporting Inclusive Teaching Excellence”. and will take place May 2 and 3, 2018 in the Rowe Managment Building. The call for papers is now open!
Preparing your Teaching Dossier (Graduate Student Workshop)
Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:30 AM
Teaching Debrief: The Importance of Self-Assessment as an Educator
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Assuming the Role of an Educator
Wednesday,March 28, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Lunch and Learn Series
The Centre for Learning and Teaching will be hosting a noon hour, Lunch & Learn series for faculty and administrative staff working in the online environment.
Two-part Workshop Series: Creating a Teaching Dossier
In this two-part workshop, you'll have the opportunity to think about your own teaching and how to accurately capture your practice in a dossier. Sessions will take place May 17 and 22, 2018.
University-wide Teaching Awards
Nominations close January 31, 2018
- Dalhousie Alumni Association Award of Excellence for Teaching
- Early Career Faculty Award of Excellence for Teaching
- Contract and Limited-Term Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Sessional and Part-Time Instructor Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
- Academic Innovation Award
- Educational Leadership Award for Collaborative Teaching
- President’s Graduate Student Teaching Award
Teaching and Learning Grants
Teaching and Learning Enhancement Grant
Deadline to apply is Monday, January 15, 2018
Change One Thing Challenge
Deadline to apply is Monday, February 5, 2018
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grant
Deadline to apply is Monday, February 12, 2018
The Faculty Certificate in Teaching and Learning is offering a non-credit program, free to Dalhousie faculty members including limited term contract faculty, part-time academics, and post-doctoral fellows, as well as staff members who teach or have an interest in university teaching.
Certificate in University Teaching and Learning (CUTL)
The Certificate provides a flexible framework for integrating and recognizing a comprehensive range of teaching development programing. Enrolment cannot exceed the duration of a participant's garudate program.
- Offices of the President, Vice President Finance and Administration and Provost and Vice President Academic Moving
- We are seeking individuals and families with Breast Cancer Survivor experiences.
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Health Sciences/Faculty of Health
- Do you know a student who would benefit from one‑on‑one advising?
- Call for Winter Clothing Drive
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture
- Scholarship @ Dal Libraries ‑ New series starting fall 2018
- Senate Agenda for October 22, 2018