Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ University of King's College
Teaching Assistant Position in the Early Modern Studies Programme
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15TH
The Early Modern Studies Programme (EMSP) at the University of King’s College invites applications for Teaching Assistants to handle duties in EMSP 2320.03W (cross-listed as GWST 2320.03W and RELS 2320.03W), “Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe”. EMSP 2320 is an interdisciplinary course which examines changing conceptions of the witch and witchcraft in the early modern period (roughly 1500 to 1800).
Duties may include:
- Grading assignments and exams
- Holding office hours and ensuring an online presence to assist students with assignments
- Attending lectures (please consult the Dalhousie Academic Timetable regarding the class time)
- Leading discussion groups
- Consulting on a regular basis with the instructor regarding the approach taken in teaching, grading, and other expectations
Qualifications and experience:
Candidates may come from various fields but should have at least an undergraduate degree. A background in some area of early modern studies and/or the history of witchcraft is a requirement. Prior TA experience will be an asset. University of King’s College is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay-scale and other information:
The appointments will be made at the level of TA 130 with an hourly wage of $23.58. These positions are conditional on the course’s final enrollment numbers. Applications sent through Indeed.com or other websites which post job advertisements without permission will not be considered.
Please send or email an application letter and C.V. to:
Dr. Kathryn Morris
Early Modern Studies Programme
University of King’s College
Halifax, NS B3H 2A1
Phone: (902) 422-1271, ex. 207
- Limited Term Appointments‑ Fountain School of Performing Arts, FASS
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Law, Justice & Society/Department of Political Science
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Bachelor of Management
- To Tell Dalhousie's Story: Speak a Poem Insurgent / Sound a Piano Insolent!
- Job Postings
- Fitness Centre Driveway
- Research Bootcamp for RAs, TAs, & grad students
- Senior Instructor Position ‑ School of Health Administration/Schulich School of Law