Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching and Learning Grants
The Centre for Learning and Teaching designed grants to support initiatives that have the potential to address student engagement and retention at Dalhousie University. Faculty and staff members are invited to collaborate with the Centre for Learning and Teaching on the development of proposals for projects designed to enhance the learning experiences of students in any year of study. The projects may range in scope from Faculty to the classroom level.
Deadline to apply is Monday, January 15, 2018
These grants will provide support for Dalhousie educators who are interested in engaging in projects to enhance teaching and learning, through the design and development of new or alternative approaches to enhance student learning at the course, department or Faculty level. The overall aim of these grants is to foster deep and impactful student learning and promote faculty members’ professional development of teaching.
Deadline to apply is Monday, February 5, 2018
One winner, as determined by a review panel, will receive a Change One Thing Challenge Grant for up to $1000 to support travel to a teaching and learning conference.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grant
Deadline to apply is Monday, February 12, 2018
These grants will provide support for Dalhousie educators who are interested in developing a research project that studies, assesses, and/or evaluates the impact of a particular initiative on students’ learning. This might include, but not be limited to, the development of new or revised programs, courses and/or methods/activities/assessments in teaching and learning.
Any questions or requests for feedback on proposals in development may be directed to:
Suzanne Le-May Sheffield, Ph.D.
Centre for Learning and Teaching
Tel: (902) 494-1894 | Email: Suzanne.Sheffield@Dal.Ca
- Last chance to get your tickets to the 20th annual African Nova Scotian Music Association awards show
- Instructor Postings ‑ Department of Chemistry
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science, Faculty of Science
- Job Postings
- Instructor Posting ‑ Department of Earth Sciences
- Encouraging others to meet expectations
- It's not too late to Move More with Dalplex!
- Healthy adult volunteers needed for research on memory and attention in people living with multiple sclerosis (MS)