Today@Dal» Go to news main
Instructor Posting ‑ Department of Chemistry
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
Instructor, 100% FTE
The Department of Chemistry at Dalhousie University invites applications for an Instructor, 100% FTE.
Appointment term: July 1, 2018-June 30, 2021 (probationary)
Duties: The primary responsibilities of this position are coordination and delivery of classroom instruction in introductory chemistry, including classroom instruction, all aspects of grading and evaluation, curriculum development, class administration and organization. Other responsibilities include advising of students, academic administration, professional development, and outreach and community service.
This position reports to the Chair of the Chemistry Department.
The position requires a minimum of PhD degree in Chemistry and a minimum of 2 years lecture teaching experience at the university level. The DFA Collective Agreement, 2014-17, defines total compensation for the position, including salary and benefits. As per the Collective Agreement, this is a probationary appointment.
The application package should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com and should consist of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a teaching dossier, names/contact information of three referees, and a completed Self-Identification Questionnaire (www.dal.ca/becounted/selfid).
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Nomination deadline extended to April 16 for President's Award for the Advancement of Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness (EDI)
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ International Development Studies
- EPass program Spring roll out
- Job Postings
- Move More t‑shirts available for pick up
- Operations & Maintenance Response Fund (O&MRF) for Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) Projects
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science, Faculty of Science
- Get to Know your DalCard #6: DalCard Plus