Today@Dal» Go to news main
Multifaith Calendar ‑ November 11 ‑ 20
See below for a sample of dates to observe, reflect, celebrate or promote throughout the university community. The full calendar is available on the website, http://multifaithcalendar.org/cal/dologin.php?id=469
A Day to remember those who sacrificed their lives in times of war, especially the First World War and subsequent conflicts. Inspired by the poem In Flanders Fields, Canadians wear red poppies on this Day.
November 12 - 18
International Restorative Justice Week
International RJ Week starts on the second Sunday in November. It is celebrated by a variety of groups and individuals in a growing number of nations. During the week, the participants are asked to pray and meditate on crime, its causes and its consequences to the individuals and the community.
Shichi-Go-San, meaning “Seven-Five-Three,“ Is a traditional rite of passage and festival day in Japan for three- and seven-year-old girls and three- and five-year-old boys, held annually to celebrate the growth and well-being of young children.
National Addictions Awareness Week (Canada)
Starting on the third Sunday in November, this is a week to enhance public awareness of the impact on individuals, families, communities and society by the abuse of tobacco, illicit drugs, and alcohol.
Transgender Day of Remembrance
Transgender Day of Remembrance, which occurs annually on November 20, is a day to memorialize those who have been killed as a result of transphobia, or the hatred or fear of transgender and gender non-conforming people, and acts to bring attention to the continued violence endured by the transgender community.
Transgender Day of Remembrance was founded in 1998 by Gwendolyn Ann Smith, a transgender graphic designer, columnist, and activist, to memorialize the murder of Rita Hester in Allston, Massachusetts.
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: School of Occupational Therapy
- This week's specials at the Dalhousie University Club
- Mosiac Calendar ‑ Observances and Events
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: School of Health Administration
- Part‑Time Academic Postings: Department of Biology
- MacEachen Institute appoints Founding Fellows
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: School of Public Administration
- Part‑Time Academic Posting (repost): Dept. of Business and Social Sciences (Faculty of Agriculture)