Today@Dal» Go to news main
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Information Session
You are invited to attend a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) information session at Dalhousie University. This session will provide important information about your role in immigration processes, CBSA’s mandate and how it may relate to your international travels and your stay in Canada.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
· Dalhousie faculty, staff, administrators and HR professionals who invite and work with international visitors.
· Dalhousie international students, visiting researchers, postdoctoral fellows, NAFTA professionals, visiting professors, or clinical fellows.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 15, 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Room C170, Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB), Summer Street
PRESENTED BY: CBSA Inland Enforcement Officers and a Port of Entry officer from the Halifax Stanfield International Airport
CBSA is responsible for providing integrated border services that support national security priorities and facilitate the free flow of people and goods. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), CBSA is also responsible for the effective administration and delivery of immigration and refugee programs such as managing the flow of travelers at Canadian ports of entry, intelligence, interdiction of irregular migration, immigration enforcement and criminal investigations of IRPA offenses. This includes responsibility for arrests, detentions, removals and representing Ministers at immigration hearings.
We strongly encourage you to attend the information session, the first that CBSA has held at Dalhousie. All are welcome!
- Studying for Success Workshops (Halifax)
- Job Postings
- Multifaith Events for March 19‑31
- Spring 2018 Computer Application Courses
- St. Patrick's Day at Phonathon
- This week at your club ‑ The Dal UClub
- Graduate students: Help build the new Research & Innovation Strategic Plan
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: Department of Psychology and Neuroscience