Today@Dal» Go to news main
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Information Session
You are invited to attend a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) information session at Dalhousie University. This session will provide important information about your role in immigration processes, CBSA’s mandate and how it may relate to your international travels and your stay in Canada.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
· Dalhousie faculty, staff, administrators and HR professionals who invite and work with international visitors.
· Dalhousie international students, visiting researchers, postdoctoral fellows, NAFTA professionals, visiting professors, or clinical fellows.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 15, 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Room C170, Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB), Summer Street
PRESENTED BY: CBSA Inland Enforcement Officers and a Port of Entry officer from the Halifax Stanfield International Airport
CBSA is responsible for providing integrated border services that support national security priorities and facilitate the free flow of people and goods. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), CBSA is also responsible for the effective administration and delivery of immigration and refugee programs such as managing the flow of travelers at Canadian ports of entry, intelligence, interdiction of irregular migration, immigration enforcement and criminal investigations of IRPA offenses. This includes responsibility for arrests, detentions, removals and representing Ministers at immigration hearings.
We strongly encourage you to attend the information session, the first that CBSA has held at Dalhousie. All are welcome!
- Senate Agenda for October 22, 2018
- Fall 2018 Computer Application Courses
- Dal resources at a glance
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Psychology and Neuroscience, Faculty of Science
- Flu Shots Now Available
- University‑Wide Teaching Awards ‑ Nominations are Open
- New this year: Career on Track
- Walktober Weekly Trivia