Today@Dal» Go to news main
Media Highlight: Student‑led startup takes another step forward
The two co-founders of Graphite Innovation & Technologies Inc. are set to fly off to international events this week — two different events on two different continents. It’s another step forward for two guys who a year ago were Dalhousie University students with no idea they were about to found a business.
Mo AlGermozi is scheduled to fly to Qingdao, China, for the finals of the 2017 Global Marine Technology Entrepreneurship Competition. Graphite Innovation won the regional competition in Halifax last month, which gave the company the right to fly to China and compete for the US$70,000 first prize.
“It means access to the Chinese market,” said AlGermozi during an interview on Friday. “China has one-third of the graphite in the world and graphite is our raw material.”
- Frontiers in Ocean Sustainability
- Studley Campus Bioblitz
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Rowe School of Business/Faculty of Management
- Luncheon specials this week ‑ grab a friend and come to the University Club!
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Classics
- National Payroll Week
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Physics & Atmospheric Science
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Business and Social Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture