Today@Dal» Go to news main
Media Highlight: Student‑led startup takes another step forward
The two co-founders of Graphite Innovation & Technologies Inc. are set to fly off to international events this week — two different events on two different continents. It’s another step forward for two guys who a year ago were Dalhousie University students with no idea they were about to found a business.
Mo AlGermozi is scheduled to fly to Qingdao, China, for the finals of the 2017 Global Marine Technology Entrepreneurship Competition. Graphite Innovation won the regional competition in Halifax last month, which gave the company the right to fly to China and compete for the US$70,000 first prize.
“It means access to the Chinese market,” said AlGermozi during an interview on Friday. “China has one-third of the graphite in the world and graphite is our raw material.”
- The Roméo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initaitive is now on LeMarchant Street
- Specials this week at the Club ‑ All are welcome
- Revised deadline: Student Health & Wellness physician accepting limited new patients
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Social Work
- Job Postings
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Public Administration/Faculty of Management
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School for Resource and Environmental Studies
- Job Posting ‑ College of Sustainability