Today@Dal» Go to news main
Lab Demonstrator Posting ‑ School of Health & Human Performance
DEPARTMENT: School of Health & Human Performance
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4H6
POSTING DATE: September 14, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 21, 2017
POSITION: Laboratory Demonstrator (September 30, 2017 – December 31, 2017; 128hrs/month)
PAY RATE: In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement.
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The laboratory demonstrator will assist the laboratory instructor with the delivery of the kinesiology undergraduate laboratories and tutorials. These duties include but are not limited to: assisting with the preparation of laboratory and tutorial sessions, ensuring that equipment is available and working for laboratory sessions, monitoring laboratory and tutorial sessions, and assisting with the marking of laboratory and tutorial assignments.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION: The successful candidate will have a degree in kinesiology (MSc preferred). Familiarity with the content of the undergraduate laboratories as well as a strong background in anatomy, biomechanics, and exercise physiology. Previous instructional and marking experience would be an asset.
Applicants should submit a cover letter stating qualifications and abilities, curriculum vitae and contact information for two (2) referees, to:
School of Health & Human Performance
6230 South Street
PO BOX 15000
Halifax NS B3H 4R2
Phone: 902 494-1197
Fax: 902 494-5120
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all qualified candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- Planned power outage at CHEB Saturday night, September 23
- Farewell party for Dieter Pelzer
- Did you receive your copy of the Blue Folder?
- SharePoint Interface Switch lunch‑and‑learn session
- Media Highlight: Innovation accelerator program housed by Dalhousie University attracts high‑profile mentors
- Pink Day at Dalhousie ‑ September 28
- Assistant/Associate Professor Posting ‑ Dept Plant, Food and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture