Today@Dal» Go to news main
Upcoming training for supervisors
There are two different trainings. One is a 1-day session for those stepping up to a supervisory role and the other is a multi-day program for new DPMG Supervisors. Please read the descriptions below for information on who should attend.
1. Stepping up to Supervision – October 4, 2017
Who Should Attend?
This one day workshop is for those who are either:
· about to take on a supervision role
· brand new to supervision (6 months or less) or
· supervising part-time students or casual employees
The session will help you to understand the role of leadership and to learn some fundamental skills and strategies needed to be effective in a supervisory role.
- What is the difference between ‘leading’ and ‘managing’?
- How does a leader determine what ‘success’ is?
- How do you address performance concerns without getting people’s backs up?
- How do you motivate short-term staff members who are not planning to be around for long?
For more information and to register: Stepping up to Supervision
2. Supervisory Development Program – January – March, 2018
Who Should Attend?
The program is intended for DPMG members relatively new to supervision. It is targeted to front-line supervisors who have been in their role for 1-3 years and have had limited opportunities to complete supervisory or leadership training.
A short application will be required upon registration in order to confirm your attendance in the program. This program is 2 full days plus 4 half days. The expectation is that participants attend all six sessions of the program.
Session 1: Leadership for Supervisors Jan 24 (1 day) 9 am - 4 pm
Session 2: Managing in a Unionized Environment Jan 31 (1 day) 9 am - 4 pm
Session 3: Embracing an Inclusive Workplace Feb 7 (.5 day) 9 am - 12 pm
Session 4: Fair and Equitable Hiring Feb 14 (.5 day) 9 am - 12 pm
Session 5: Supporting Performance & Dev Feb 28 (.5 day) 9 am - 12 pm
Session 6: Managing Difficult Conversations Mar 7 (.5 day) 9 am - 12 pm
An invitation to register will be sent to DPMG members later this month. If interested in registering please block off the dates in your calendar and watch for the email invitation.
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture
- Instructor Postings ‑ School of Dental Hygiene, Faculty of Dentistry
- Anesthesiologist takes the lead on competency based medical education
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Public Administration
- Last chance to register
- Community Day 2.0
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Health
- Job Postings