Today@Dal» Go to news main
Media Highlight: Dalhousie psychologist warns of strain felt by perfectionist students
As students prepare to go back to school, a clinical psychologist warns they should beware of the pitfalls of perfectionism.
“I suppose that in some ways, August is the calm before the academic storm for perfectionists,” said Dr. Simon Sherry, who has done extensive research on perfectionism in his post with Dalhousie University.
Sherry said the overarching need to be perfect can create a multitude of academic problems for sufferers across a wide age range, from public school to medical school.
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ International Development Studies
- Nomination deadline extended to April 16 for President's Award for the Advancement of Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness (EDI)
- EPass program Spring roll out
- Job Postings
- Operations & Maintenance Response Fund (O&MRF) for Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) Projects
- Move More t‑shirts available for pick up
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science, Faculty of Science
- Get to Know your DalCard #6: DalCard Plus