Today@Dal» Go to news main
Media Highlight: Dalhousie psychologist warns of strain felt by perfectionist students
As students prepare to go back to school, a clinical psychologist warns they should beware of the pitfalls of perfectionism.
“I suppose that in some ways, August is the calm before the academic storm for perfectionists,” said Dr. Simon Sherry, who has done extensive research on perfectionism in his post with Dalhousie University.
Sherry said the overarching need to be perfect can create a multitude of academic problems for sufferers across a wide age range, from public school to medical school.
- Part Time Academic Posting ‑ Business and Social Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture
- Limited Term Academic Posting ‑Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture/Faculty of Agriculture
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Business and Social Sciences/Faculty of Agriculture
- Symposium: Right to Know ‑ Balancing Access & Privacy
- Faculty Writing Community of Practice
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- Farewell party for Dieter Pelzer
- Did you receive your copy of the Blue Folder?