Today@Dal» Go to news main
Media Highlight: Dalhousie psychologist warns of strain felt by perfectionist students
As students prepare to go back to school, a clinical psychologist warns they should beware of the pitfalls of perfectionism.
“I suppose that in some ways, August is the calm before the academic storm for perfectionists,” said Dr. Simon Sherry, who has done extensive research on perfectionism in his post with Dalhousie University.
Sherry said the overarching need to be perfect can create a multitude of academic problems for sufferers across a wide age range, from public school to medical school.
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture/Faculty of Agriculture
- Job Posting ‑ College of Sustainability
- This week's specials at the DalUClub ~ Everyone is welcome
- SFS Study Skills Workshops (Halifax)
- Correction: Collective bargaining continues with DFA
- Job Postings
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Rowe School of Business/Faculty of Management
- December 2017 Pay Days