Today@Dal» Go to news main
Media Highlight: Dalhousie psychologist warns of strain felt by perfectionist students
As students prepare to go back to school, a clinical psychologist warns they should beware of the pitfalls of perfectionism.
“I suppose that in some ways, August is the calm before the academic storm for perfectionists,” said Dr. Simon Sherry, who has done extensive research on perfectionism in his post with Dalhousie University.
Sherry said the overarching need to be perfect can create a multitude of academic problems for sufferers across a wide age range, from public school to medical school.
- Encourage your students to attend the Student Job & Career Fair
- Back on Track (formerly Bounce Back) registration is open for students
- Participants Needed for Hepatitis B Vaccine Study
- Marker Posting ‑ Rowe School of Business
- Job Postings
- Unleashing personal and team creativity
- Conciliation dates scheduled for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- SPGC Call for Nominations for Faculty Senate Representative, Board of Governors