Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Position ‑ Biology
POSTING DATE: August 4, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 13, 2017
POSITION: Part-time Academic (1/2 position), Principles of Biology I (Biology 1010, September 1, to December 31, 2017
PAY RATE: $4,881-$5,969 (prorated)
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The instructor will be giving approximately 1/3 of the lectures in the genetics and molecular biology section of the class, assisting students on an individual basis, general administration of the classes (handling student issues, submitting grades, etc.) and invigilating tests and examinations. The position reports to the Chair of the Department.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION: Qualifications include a graduate degree in biology and demonstrated ability to lecture to over 900 undergraduate students. First-time applicants to the Department of Biology must provide the names of two references.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION, PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE TO:
Department of Biology, Room 2078
Halifax, NS B3H 4J1
All offers of employment as a part-time academic are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Early Modern Studies Program
- Fall 2019 Computer Application Courses
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Specials this week at the UClub ~ All are welcome!
- Job Postings
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ College of Sustainability
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ School of Social Work
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Faculty of Science, Integrated Science Program (and Philosophy)